Hardware frequent asked questions
What POS peripherals will work with Platinum POS software?
Platinum point of sale software can work with various hardware brands. Peripherals are things like receipt printers, scanners and cash drawers. Here is a list of hardware we have tested that work in conjunction with Platinum POS.
Windows Supported Printers:
Epson printers – USB interface or parallel interface. Epson models such as the TM20 and TM-T88V.
Windows Supported Scanners:
Any scanner will work in a retail environment that delivers unparalleled performance, every time.
Barcode Scanners – USB interface for example the Zebra LI2208.
These can be connected to your receipt printer via an RJ12 cable.
Cash drawers – printer kicker cash drawer. Posiflex CR4100 cash drawer. It offers adjustable 5 bill and fixed 9-coin compartments for general use.
The Zebra barcode printers for example the GK420D printers offer fast print speeds, network manageability and easy-load designs to help you improve operational efficiencies, boost profitability and reduce downtime.
Touch all in one Units
The ET815 all in one unit offers a standard AIO solution for various applications. From small to large business solutions. The ET815 POS unit comes standard with a 15" touch and 5 wire resistive touch screen.
Software frequent asked questions
What is the purpose of a POS system?
POS stands for Point of Sale, a system that is used throughout the restaurant and retail industry. A point of sale software handles the sales to the patrons of your business, however it's just one part of the whole POS system utilized in a retail business or hospitality business. Point of sale Back-office usually handle different functions of the POS system like internal control, purchasing, receiving and transferring of product to and from different locations.
Why should I use POS Software?The software package links your client service, inventory, accounting, payroll and alternative departments in one program, that helps centralise your tasks. Employing a POS is enormously time-saving and economical. It can improve the client expertise with economical sales programming, scale back waste with machine-controlled inventory reconciliation and expiration and ordering alerts.
Why should you use POS system in a restaurant?A point of sale (POS) system will assist you contour many processes in your business. A point of sale system will help you to trace income, sales and food inventory. You will be able to determine ingredient usage patterns over time. You’ll quickly learn that POS is crucial for observance of ingredient levels.
Platinum frequent asked questions
Why Choose Platinum point of sale?
1. 24/7 remote, telephonic and on-site support. Optional maintenance contracts are available to ensure your business is taken care of.
2. Hardware and Software Lease or Rental. Short on start-up capital? All our products are available on a lease or rental basis with an option to purchase outright after a period. Our most popular all-inclusive lease option ensures your business is constantly up to date and running smoothly.
3. Locally Developed. Platinum Control Software has been developed with a top South African Restaurant, a Super Mark chain, a Small Retail Franchise and a 109 Bedroom Hotel. This on-site experience has given Platinum the edge over its competitors.
4. Over 15 Years Point of Sale Experience. With over 15 years of POS experience you can be assured your business is in the right hands whether it be technical support or consulting, we will help your business grow in the right direction.
5. User Friendly Interface. Platinum’s user-friendly interface ensures that you don’t waste unnecessary time training staff combined with our support centre gives you complete peace of mind.
6. Experienced and Dedicated Staff. All our experienced and dedicated staff have experience within the retail and hospitality trade; therefore, we understand the importance of ensuring your POS system is always running smoothly.
What great Features does Platinum POS offer?
- Cashless System for Schools and Canteens
- Credit / Debit Card Integration
- Customer Loyalty System
- Multiple Store Management
- Web Based Sales Dashboard and Reporting
- Tablet Point of Sale for Restaurant and Retail Stores
- Bump Screen for Restaurants and Take Away Stores
- Waitron Paging System
- SMS Integration
What solutions does Platinum POS offer?
RETAIL SOFTWAREPlatinum POS Retail System will be an asset to any small, medium or large retail outlet. Suitable for supermarkets, butcheries, clothing stores, cell phone stores, electrical wholesalers and hardware stores.
RESTAURANT SOFTWAREPlatinum’s Restaurant System will be an asset to any Restaurant, Bar or Coffee shop. Our Restaurant System offers full stock control, debtors, creditors, recipe and staff management to manage your entire restaurant alongside all the great features that are required to keep you informed on what is happening in your business.
BAR AND NIGHTCLUB SOFTWARE
Bar & Nightclub Point of Sale Software that offer Quick and efficient touch screen interface to improve the speed of barmen. Track barmen performance with ease. Manage Food and Beverage costing daily on Platinum point of sale software.
FAST FOOD SOFTWARE
Platinum Point of Sale’s Delivery and Take Away software. Efficient stock control procedures, tight cash up controls and great features like our Kitchen Display Unit to track orders in the kitchen.
What products does Platinum POS offer?
1. Platinum Cloud: Online Reporting and Business Management Portal. Real time financial and sales analysis reporting. Manage, create and edit your products in the cloud. Platinum Cloud puts the power back in your hands 24 hours a day from any device anywhere!
2. Platinum Mobile Sales App: View sales and other important data LIVE from your mobile device. Analyse data, daily, monthly and yearly. Multiple branch management – view all businesses from one app. Maintain budgets per branch and monitor store performance.
3. Platinum Integrated SMS: Owners receive daily ‘Day End’ figures. Owners receive hourly turnover figures. Send account balances to all your debtors. Send loyalty points balances. Send specials and promotions to your customers. Send important messages to all staff.
4. Platinum Tablet POS: The most feature packed POS Tablet on the market. Tableside Ordering. Increase speed of service to your customers. Prices and specials at your waitron’s fingertips.
5. Platinum Digital Menu Boards: 100% real-time price and item updates. Change menus on the fly at zero cost. Live specials and event information. Upload images when and how you want. LED TV and tablet interface
6. Platinum Apex: Live Dashboard with all your vital information. Live Tables, Tabs, Take Away and Sales Orders. Live Kitchen and bar orders with average order times Live Digital Menu Board with immediate changes on the fly. Add loyalty customers and handle complaints. Give your managers the power of Platinum Apex to keep your business running smoothly!
7. Platinum OnTime: Wireless time and attendance device. Generate shift reports with ease and print payslips. Adjust users times and shifts as required. Keep your staff in check with Platinum OnTime.