The canteen environment takes many restaurant features into account with the exception that payment is not made with cash, but a special company prepaid debit card. Smart Retail not only manages the food, from raw material to cooked meal, but also facilitates swiping the card and loading credits.
Key Features for Canteen Owners / Managers
- Advanced Stock Control to prevent out of stock situations
- Pack Control – Receipt and Breaking up – Liquid e.g. juice or physical products
- Product manufacturing – bakery or similar
- Advanced menu control – Ingredients
- Manage stock in many locations
- Bar code scanning
- Printing product descriptions an bar codes
- Supplier Control
- Staff control – Time and Attendance
- Sales Summary / Day / week / Month / Year
- Security – Unlimited user access levels
- Pastel Integration
Key Features for your Customers
- Load credits on to the payment card
- Card balance and maintenance
- Fast, accurate checkout process
- Multiple terminals make checking out faster
- Full account history
Advanced Product and Stock Control
Accurately add product details and track anywhere in your company.
- Receive stock
- Manage stock that is received in bulk and then distributed in smaller pack sizes
- Transfer stock between store rooms or branches
- Manage returns – damages and fresh produce, magazine etc.
- Manage pricing and price rounding
- Print bar coded stickers and shelf talkers
- Manage margins
- Manage promotional products and pricing
- Control the costing of manufactured products – i.e. bakery or deli and much, much more.
User Friendly Product Menu Creator
Create your menu in Smart Retail with this easy to use interface. Select products from your product list to appear in the correct category or sub category. You have the freedom to setup your products in the way that makes most sense to you.
This makes it easy to find products when invoicing or quoting not using a bar code scanner.
The category and sub categories are displayed in a tree view, making it easy to manage the location of the products within the menu structure.
User Friendly Touch Screen
The touch screen makes checking out products and processing products easy and fast. The buttons can be colour coded as you choose and the navigation through products is based on the product categories and sub categories.
Users have limited access to features based on their access rights. This makes it impossible for the teller to checkout products at the incorrect price or with excessive discounts. Each person sees what they can and this speeds up the checkout process.
Multiple payment methods are integrated as well as split payment (e.g. cash and card on the same sale) options.
Senior staff can access more sensitive information and perform tasks that junior staff can’t.
Reports about all aspects of your business
A wide selection of standard reports is available. There’s probably more reports than you need available ‘out the box’. If there is something specific you require talk to us and we’ll see how we can make it possible.
Smart Retail can be setup to email you the reports you want when you want them. Stay in touch with your business even when you are out of the office.